On The Day
So its Race Day!
Nerves and excitement should be here by now, so here is a handy list of things to remember to pack the night before!
- Set your alarm nice and early!
- Race number and 4 safety pins from your Race Day Pack
- Trainers, shorts, tee and jumper/rain jacket depending on the weather
- Change for car parking and plan your route.
- Plan for at least 30 minutes of delays if driving, check buses and trains as there will be disruptions
- Aim to be outside the Guildhall by 0900 at the latest for warm up and to ensure you are ready
On the day!
- Shower, clean your teeth and deodorant on please!
- Breakfast - how about a banana, porridge with a little drop of honey or peanut butter on toast?
- Tweet us @WinchesterHalf to let us know you are on your way!
- Leave nice and early and remember where you parked!
- Drop off all your baggage in the Winchester Guildhall with your baggage label which has your race number on it.
- Go to one of the loos before the race
- Line up in front of the stage at 09:30 for the warm up!
- Line up in your allocated Time Area from 09:40
- Sub 1:30
- 1:30 - 1:45
- 1:45 - 2:00
- 2:00 +
- Then Race and enjoy all that Winchester has to offer!
- 10am - START OF RACE!
- Once finished, you will be directed into our finish distribution area to pick up your FREE micromesh tee-shirt, bananas, water, and lots more goodies!
Both the following maps show the plans of inside and outside the Guildhall on the day, inside the Guildhall will have all your pre and post race needs and the finish distribution is where you can go and pick up all your post race goodies!!
See our road closure map HERE!
Check out FAQ's for all the answers!