Event Rules & Guidelines The following event rules and guidelines are intended to help produce and direct a large scale event, to ensure the safety of all participants, to meet the requirements of local government permits and to be compliant with applicable Run Britain and England Athletics regulations for participant performance records and event liability. All entry fees are non-refundable and Rees Leisure ltd retains the right to refuse entry to anyone declaring false information on their entry form, not making the required payment, or otherwise failing to meet the stated entry requirements.
- Do you offer transfers?
We have set up a transfer system to go some way to stop unregulated number swapping. Number swapping can cause medical problems on race day and any runner to be found unlawfully swapping their number will be banned from all future races. You can transfer your place to another runner looking to run in the same race as you entered. We do not allow runners to transfer between races for the health and safety of all our participants. Supplies are allocated per race, if we allow runners to move between races then one race would have over supply in one race and the under supply in another race. When organizing a large scale running event race supplies (t-shirts, medals etc etc) are specific to the race and are organized and ordered months in advance. Details on how to transfer your entry can be found in the section below:
- When are transfers open till?
- Transfers for the Winchester Half Marathon are open until Friday 4th August 2017. You can transfer your place to another runner looking to run in the same race as you entered. You will need to find the runner to transfer your place to, as event organisers do not manage list of transferring runners.
- Does it cost anything to transfer my place?
- Transferring your place to another runner will require incur a £5 transfer fee.
- How do I transfer my place?
To transfer your place please log in to Active.com with the details you used to register and click into ‘My Events’, choose the ’Transfer registration to another athlete’ option. Enter the email address for the athlete you’d like to transfer your entry to.
The new runner will need to sign up via the link that is emailed to them. Once they have signed up and paid, a refund will be processed from the original entry minus the £5 transfer fee.
- What is transferred?
Please note that only the entry is transferred. Any associated products such as medal inserts and merchandise are not transferred.
- By submitting your entry into the Winchester Half Marathon, you are agreeing to the conditions of the event and also agree to abide by these Conditions of Entry, the Event Conditions and any instructions given to you by the organisers and officials of the Event.
- An email address is required for all entries. All correspondence will be via email. A separate email address for each participant is preferred but not required.
- To register for the Winchester Half Marathon, you must be 18 years of age or older on event day
- Each participant must agree to the disclaimer and Terms & Conditions before participating in the event.
- All participants take part at their own risk and a disclaimer waiving all claims against ReesLeisure and any party acting on its behalf must be completed by all entrants.
- All participants must provide their full name and details of any health problems or medication upon entry during registration and keep this updated via Active.com should anything change.
- By taking part, all participants confirm that they are happy for their names and any footage or photographs taken during their participation to be used to publicise any ReesLeisure Ltd event.
- Participant race number bibs are specific personal identifiers and may not be exchanged with or transferred/ sold to any other person. Transfers between runners can only be done through the official website within the deadline of transfer displayed on the website. Sale and/or transfer of race entry/bibs are strictly prohibited and will result in the disqualification and/or banning of any individuals involved from future events.
- All entry fees are non-refundable but can be deferred toward a future event if the event organisers are notified by Monday 14th August 2017.
- Registration closure is determined and announced when event participation reaches the established capacity.
- Transfers for the Winchester Half Marathon must be authorised by the event organisers and must be used before Monday 14th August 2017.
- Unauthorised transfers will result in disqualification.
- General entries for the Winchester Half Marathon close on Monday 14th August 2017. From Monday 14th August 2017 to Monday 4th September 2017, registration for charity spaces and prepaid corporate spaces will be open.
- Race packs are sent out via post on Monday 14th August 2017 so any changes to postal addresses before this point must be updated on myevents.active.com or by contacting the event organisers.
- You are not permitted to use the following items in the Event:
- any artificial aid;
- any pets or animals;
- any other item that could potentially inhibit the flow or safety of other participants or which we, in our reasonable opinion, deem may cause danger or risk of danger to you or other participants.
- Baby joggers, baby strollers, skateboards, Nordic sticks, rollerblades, unauthorised bicycles or any other wheeled device will not be permitted on the course.
- Participants must follow instructions as given from all event officials including race staff, volunteers, medical personnel, security officers and city officials throughout the duration of the event.
- All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner during their participation in the event. This means, for example, that urinating or defecating anywhere on or near the course shall be strictly prohibited except in toilet facilities. Anyone violating this rule of conduct shall be disqualified from the event and will be asked to leave the course.
- Every participant shall be provided with an event bib number, which shall be conspicuously worn on the front during the event. The event bib number is to be worn as issued. No participant shall be permitted to participate in the event without the appropriate bib number.
- All participants must acknowledge and agree that personal information (including medical information entered in My Details or collected by event medical staff during or after the Event) can be stored, used and disclosed by the Rees Leisure Ltd in connection with the organisation, promotion and administration of the event and for the compilation of statistical information.
DURING THE RACE
- Any participant who refuses to obey the directions of the event official, city official or course marshal, or who conducts himself/herself in an unsportsmanlike manner, or who is offensive by action or language to officials, volunteers, participants or spectators may be disqualified from the event and banned from future participation in any ReesLeisure event at the discretion of race officials.
- Any participant who has been found by a course marshal, event official or surveillance equipment to have gained an unfair advantage by intentionally shortening the route of the race (“cutting the course”) shall be immediately disqualified from the event and banned from future participation in any ReesLeisure event at the discretion of race officials.
- Any person who participates in the event without a current official event bib number or timing device or a bib or chip not officially assigned to him/her is subject to removal and disqualification from future events.
- No persons are authorised to be on the course unless they are registered participants. Therefore, no person shall be allowed to accompany a participant if he/she is not registered in the event, nor shall any participant be allowed, without the permission of the event management, to receive assistance or refreshment from anyone during the progress of the event. Any person not properly displaying an authorized and issued bib number shall be directed to leave the course.
- A hands-on medical examination during the progress of an event by officially designated medical personnel shall not be considered assistance and will not result in disqualification if participant is deemed medically fit.
- This event is run using rolling road closures and therefore MP3 players or other devices plugged into the ear are banned whilst running for reasons of health & safety, both yours and other competitors. When you wear such a device you are unable to hear other competitors, cars, bicycles or marshal’s instructions.
- Participants are responsible for their recognition and understanding of event signage, symbols and colour relating to participant maps, facilities and direction.
- Medical personnel authorised by the event to do so may examine any participant who appears in distress. If in the sole opinion of authorised medical personnel, it is in the best interest of the participant’s health and welfare, medical personnel may remove the participant from the event.
- Participants must retire at once from race if ordered to do so by a member of the event’s official staff, official medical staff, or any governmental authority, including fire and police officers.
- Participants are responsible and assume liability for any and all medical expenses incurred as a result of training for and/or participation in the event, including but not limited to ambulance transport, hospital stays, physician and pharmaceutical goods and services.
- Event officials reserve the right to delay, cancel, or suspend the race due to inclement weather in accordance with Emergency Protocol on severe emergencies and/or inclement weather. No refund will be issued in these circumstances.
- All participants are assigned a chip timing device which is attached to the race bib.
- Clock time (gun time) is the official time for top 3 prizes. The official times shall be recorded from the start of the race by the starting gun to the point where the participant crosses the finish line. Times shall be rounded to the next highest second.
- Official times for mass participants in will be the electronic timing device time (chip or net time) from when the participant crosses the start line to the point where the participant crosses the finish line.
- Participants must wear their assigned timing device continuously from start line to finish line, to receive an accurate finish time.
- Participants with missing timing device times at official checkpoints will be reviewed and may be disqualified.
- Participants must begin the event during the official recognised starting time.
- All results will be fully available on the event website after the race. Full and final results will continue to be submitted to relevant parties for the purposes of verification of entries to other races and for ranking systems.
- You agree that the Personal Information relating to you can be stored, used by us and our Event partners in connection with the organisation, staging and administration of the Event.
- Medical information may also be used to allow medical assistance to be given to you.
- You agree that the Personal Information relating to you may be anonymised and the anonymised data may be used by us and our Event partners in connection with the compilation of statistical information.
- You agree that your name, image and contact details can be used by us and our Event partners for the purposes of:
- the promotion and marketing of the Event;
- adding you to a mailing list to keep you informed about any future events and services which we believe you might be interested in, such as leisure activities relating to either similar types of events or activities;
- If you would not like us or our Event partners to use the Marketing Information or Personal Information other than for purposes related to you participation in the Event, please tick the relevant box during the registration process.
- You agree that we may publish your Personal Information as part of the results of the Event and may pass such information to the governing body or any affiliated organisation for the purpose of insurance, permits or for publishing results either for the event alone or combined with or compared to other events. Results may include (but not be limited to) name, any club affiliation, race times, occupation and age category.